COVID-19 Update #3
7 August 2020
Advance Records is playing its part in responding to the coronavirus by implementing a range of measures consistent with official Government advice.
These measures are designed to protect the health and safety of our clients and employees while allowing us to maintain essential business operations.
Advance Records continues to monitor the latest advice and information from State and Federal Governments and health authorities.
Advance Records will continue to operate essential file retrieval and delivery services with minimal disruption to clients.
We will communicate any new changes to systems or practices that are necessary under Government advice.
Similarly, clients should utilise Scan-on-Demand service were ever possible to minimise human interaction. File deliveries to home addresses can be arranged when necessary.
The following information will ensure business continuity and further protect clients and staff:
- With Advance Record’s latest digital capabilities, clients should consider having documents scanned and delivered electronically (Scan-on-Demand).\
- Clients are no longer required to sign on the PDA for delivery; we will instead record the name of the authorised contact accepting delivery.
- Advance Record Management may deliver records to residential addresses in special circumstances – e.g. where it is business-critical. This service is outside standard arrangements.
- Advance Records will postpone non-essential services (including collection of retrieved items, new lodgements and destruction services).
- Advance Record’s virtual mailroom service can handle all your incoming mail and deliver it electronically to authorised business contacts. This minimises any potential exposure to COVID-19.
Advance Record’s has initiated a range of precautionary measures to ensure essential business operations during COVID-19.
- All inbound files and boxes are being quarantined for 24 hours. This is based on advice the virus can live on cardboard surfaces for up to 24 hours.
- Drivers will request a receiver’s name and document this against the delivery rather than the receiver signing the PDA.
- As required, clients will be advised of delivery options, including SCOD and deliveries to residential addresses under special circumstances.
- Advance Record Management has stopped all on-site visitor access and postponed all non-essential maintenance.
- Employees will be working across two teams or split shifts. This step will lessen the risk of exposure to the virus by limiting the number of people on-site at any given time.
- Employees have been instructed on government guidelines around safe distancing and hygiene.
- Advance Record’s is conducting daily health checks with employees.
Advance Record Management has introduced protocols consistent with Government advice to protect our employees. They include:
- Working from home when possible
- Social distancing – remaining 1.5 metres apart at all time
- No face-to-face meetings
- No business travel
- No on-site visitors
- Hand washing regularly and good hygiene practice
- Workstations cleaned and disinfected at the start and end of every shift
- Split shifts to minimise potential risks
- 24-hour quarantine for all incoming documentation
- Daily health and welfare checks
- Daily reminders to stay at home if unwell
- Flu vaccinations for all employees
Advance Record’s strict security, governance and privacy procedures are not impacted by our response to the pandemic.
Regardless, we will continue to review our operations to ensure essential service delivery and will remain alert to the shifting COVID-19 situation. Should it be necessary to implement additional measures, we will communicate these immediately.
Our clients and employees remain our first priority.
For further details, please call our customer hotline 03 5274 2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org